how many fish can i put in my tank???

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by Torno
Tangs need tanks in the 90 gallon range.
no, the tangs he has will need a 125 really

brandoncena

I know how you feel having a small tank, and wanting to get the big, nice, colorful fish. But the thing is, you need to stay within your (and the fish's) limits. Trust me, I learned the hard way too. I've lost fish for this reason as well.
Don't be discouraged though. You can make a beautiful tank out of a 29 gallon using small gobys, clowns, your dwarf angel, some feather dusters, etc. You can add all different kinds of snails and crabs. Just plleaase do your research. Impulse buys almost always end in death and disappointment.

thanks a lot and im going to take ur advise and try to do the petstore thing and afer or im going to go out and buy a bigger tank what size tank do u think ill have to get to have all the fish i have now in there ?

torno

Sharkboy, don't nitpick, it's annoying. We both agree that the current tank he has is too small for tangs.
If you want to be able to keep tangs, a 6' tank is needed. I'm not sure on the approximate size of those two tangs, but probably in the 100 gallon range.
You're doing the right thing though.

brandoncena

Sharkboy, don't nitpick, it's annoying. We both agree that the current tank he has is too small for tangs.
If you want to be able to keep tangs, a 6' tank is needed. I'm not sure on the approximate size of those two tangs, but probably in the 100 gallon range.
You're doing the right thing though.

the tangs i have the blue tang is about 2.5 in long and the yellow about 3.5 in long but im going to try to get rid of them and get some clowns like u said that dont sound like a bad idea thanks

good alex

Originally Posted by fedukeford
IMO tangs need 6' of swimming space, so unless you have a 6 foot 29 gallon get rid of them

lol that would be a really thin tank

lesleybird

Are you crazy? A moorish idle? I haven't laughed so hard in months! It is obvious you have not read one book on saltwater fish or you would not be asking all this. For all the fish you want you need to be an expert with a 200 gallon tank. Saltwater fish need much more room than freshwater fish....most say about about four gallons of water per every inch of fish, and those small fish often get many times larger than when you purchase them. Please read a good book on the hobby before you kill your poor fish! Lesley