How many fish?

jeg

I have a 37 gallon tank that I am doing full reef. I have almost 60 lbs of LR and a 3" sand bed. Currently I have 3 firefish. My plan is too add the following:
Pair of Clarkiis or True Perculas or a single Maroon Clown (With anenome)
Royal Gramma
Orange spot goby (possibly)
How does this sound? I am looking at a total of 6 smallish fish. Overstocking?

fshhub

i would only go with one of your 3 choices for clowns(probably the percs), nad see how it goes, you may be able to add the royal gramma later on(but i would think that would be about it), but i don't think that i would add anymore than that, one thing on the clowns, with your ff, i think i would probably forget the maroon, they can be a bit more aggressive, and the ff may be seen less, if you add a maroon, wwe added a pair of percs, and the big one, she bullied everyone she could for the first day or so ane then we found the ff hiding alot more, but after a couple of days, she calmed down, and now we are seeing more of them agai, but the maroon being more aggressive, in the same situation, i think we would continue to se less of them, probably for a long time
HTH

jeg

I think I could be happy with a pair of clarkiis and possibly a purple pseudo. I am much more interested in keeping corals than fish.

ocellaris_keeper

it's not the number of fhsi but the amount of load on the biofilter that matters. The rule of thumb is 1 inch per 5 gallons.
But you have alot of LR (60lbs) for a 37 Gal tank which means you ned to feed your biofilter. I would think that none of your choices (7-8 total fish and their all relatively small) won't be a problem.
Just don't add them all at once - your filter would crash.