how many fishes have you lost?

goldrush

I'm happy to say that my latest reef is 2 years old and the 3 fish I started with are still with me(maroon clown,royal gramma,and "bang guy" cardinal). Actually the only reason I have ANY fish is so people don't look into the tank and say "Did all your dish die?".

tahoe ocean

Happy to report that (knock on all the wood I can find) I haven't lost a fish in over a year. However, I lost so many fish over the first 4 years of the hobby that I gave up and was trying to let the entire tank go, just waiting for my damsel and Bobo to die. They survived even through a move to a new house and so I decided to slowly over the last 2 years ease over to reef. Still in the beginning stages, but haven't lost any fish and have only lost a couple snails and a CBS to hermits and possibly the other CBS.
Even my gorgonian who was not doing well last week has perked up considerably in the last few days even!

sterling

I lost both of the twin spot gobies I bought. The first one went just about a month after I got them, I think stress did him in. The second one lived for about 6 months and died just recently. They're not great eaters of frozen stuff. The one that lived longer ate reasonably well, but obviously not well enough. I can't believe he starved to death when at night with the flashlight I watch all the stuff running around on the gravel and rocks. Oh well.
My daughter thought she'd get me a nice B-day present about a year and half ago, a cute little spotted box fish. But she bought it from a bad LFS and it died of ich (thank goodness I had my smaller tank at the time and it wasn't reef, I could treat the other fish who did get it also).
And I lost Tiny Tim. (Klein's butterfly), who I set up a special tank for. he was doing great. Thought I'd get him a buddy. The 'buddy' is now nicknamed "KILLER". You get the picture.
Otherwise my other fish have all been around for over 2 years. My yellow damsel, "Rudy", who was one of the "cyclers" for my first tank is now almost as big around in his body as my sailfin tang. :)

kris

WoW-this is depressing-believe it or not I only lost 2 for the first ten years or so (2 flames angesl) then came the great carpet kill(long story) of 2001 (all but one died) I named him lucky and I still have him. Then I boiled my small reef one day with a heater that had an independant sensor which had flipped out. And one disease wipeout. Add to those the flame that dissapeared a while ago (Flame angels and I don't get along to well) and I'd say about 15. Considering how long I've been doing this and all the stories I've heard I guess it could be worse, but the worst loss stories are the ones that could have and should have been prevented by a little bit of research or knowledge.