how many guys do you think it would take to move a 300g tank

joerdie

when i brought home my 150g it took 3 men to make things semi-easy but i would guess it will take at least 4 or 5 starppin' young men!!!

foxface402

let me tell you if two of you moved a 180 , it wasn't glass. My 150 glass tank took four of us two move it. and remenber only one person can fit though a door way. And I wouldn't advise putting a tank bigger than a 75 gal upstairs.

prater

2 of us moved my 200, but never again. I would think 4 should do it, but have a fifth person just in case.......

richard rendos

I have moved plenty of All-Glass brand 180's and 240's up stairs with just 1 helper. I think 4 strong people will be plenty.

jester

4 men with an extra for door's. That's what I had for my 180. About 400lbs, and up 5 flights of stairs. Not too fun, but there are pics on my web site.

S

starfishjackedme

My glass 200 weighs about 500 lbs. I can get one end by myself, but it usually takes at least 2 on the other end. I would think with a 600 lb tank and non weight lifting average guys it would take 6 people. I could get one end by myself, but then again, i do bent over rows 315 sets of 8 at the gym so it's nothing.

newfishliny

GUY'S I DON'T GET IT ? THE WHEEL WAS EVENTED BY FRED FLINTSTONE , JUST GO OUT AND RENT OR BORROW A APPLIANCE HAND TRUCK SAVE YOUR BACK ! JUST REMEMBER TO PAD THE TANK ALL AROUND WITH A BLANKET , NOW YOU ASK WHY I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT (LOL)
GOOD LUCK
DON LINY

S

starfishjackedme

I just remembered, I also made a custom dolley for my 200 out of 2x4s. I built it in a rectangle with heavy duty wheels from Home Depot. It helps if you have to go down a sidewalk or around a building.

stacyt

When I moved my 240 I did it the easy way. You can buy dolly's at the hardware store that are flat with wheels. Put 1 under each end and you can roll it just about anywhere. I had 4 people help me. That way we could lift the tank up when needed and readjust the dolly's. The hard part was picking up the tank to put it on the stand.

S

starfishjackedme

That must have been an acrylic 240 right? Even with 2 big men on each side of my glass 200 it is a major dead lift getting it up from the floor to the stand.

trompet3

6 guys plus 1 woman to tell you that you're making a mess or scratching the walls or dripping water on the floor or doing it wrong!

jmgrn

you should always have one or two extra guys to help with a big tank. At least 4 guys for a 180, no sense in someone rupturing a disc, and thats a real possibility. Vacuum handles are available at most "Rent All" shops, they are a major plus when trying to handle and move something that large and heavy. Use a flat four wheel dolly to manuver the tank as near to the stand as possible, then as many hands as your friends will donate for that major gut busting lift to the top of the stand. Good luck.

stacyt

starfishjackedme,
The tank I have is an all glass. It was pretty heavy lifting from the floor to the stand. Put a few scratches on the stand, and a couple of dings in the wall, but we managed with just 4 people.

slick

ok guys I ended up ordering a 240 long. 96x24x25 I think I'm gonna shoot for 5 people. It's going into my basement so we only have to go down 5 steps through my cellar door. Thanks for the help.

pmauro

It took 6 to move my 450 acrylic and that was back breaking because you can only get so many guys around the tank