How many inches of fish for a 33 gallon tank?

petjunkie

I have a 33 long set up for over a year with a maroon clown and a coral beauty angelfish and about a month ago was given a cleaner wrasse for free. I put him in my tank and then found out they get like 5 inches which was two inches more than I had planned on putting in ( I wanted to add a sixline). There's about 65 lbs. of live rock in there but no skimmer because the tank position sucks and I can't figure out a way to put one in that I could reach to empty with a filter on the tank also. It's on the bottom of a double tank stand against a wall with about three inches clearance so I hadn't planned on adding anything until I got the tank moved again to the top so I could add one. I'm kinda concerned because now I'm feeding at least twice a day a bunch more food than normal because my clownfish is a very aggressive eater and the wrasse only eats frozen shrimp and formula two. How many inches of fish do you recommend for a 33 gallon tank?

nemo's mom

Most people will tell you 1 fish for every 10 gallon. One of my books suggests 1" of fish for every 4 gallons of water. Hope this helps...

sfe

Originally Posted by Nemo's Mom
Most people will tell you 1 fish for every 10 gallon. One of my books suggests 1" of fish for every 4 gallons of water. Hope this helps...
It mainly depends on the bioload you want. Yes you can get 1 fish per 10 gallons but say you got a grouper or an eel than that rule wouldn't apply since they are messy eaters and have a big bioload. But assuming that you don't have messy fish, I would go with 1 fish per 10 gallons. But make sure the fish doesn't get too big.

jr2857

and it depends on the girth cause sfe's grow to i believe around 30 inches but are thinner than normal fishes. but the only require 55 gallons to make it alive as an adult but bigger is always better

jr2857

Originally Posted by SFE
It mainly depends on the bioload you want. Yes you can get 1 fish per 10 gallons but say you got a grouper or an eel than that rule wouldn't apply since they are messy eaters and have a big bioload. But assuming that you don't have messy fish, I would go with 1 fish per 10 gallons. But make sure the fish doesn't get too big.
you can also get really GOOD filteration