How Many Is To Many

jt41484

How many cleaner shrimp is to many for a 125 gallon display with a 30 gallon sump ? Currently have 1 cleaner shrimp in there and does a great job cleaning most of my 11 fish

N

nereef

if you are talking about skunk cleaners, you can have as many as you want. the only problem is the price.

snakeblitz33

as many as you would like! If you like shrimp- go for it. It's just coral banded shrimp and lobsters that get very territorial and you can't have more then on (sometimes two) in the same aquarium.

kas2247

Yep, keep the cleaners coming! I have 1 cleaner and 4 peppermints in my tank now and have another cleaner and a fire shrimp being delivered tomorrow. They all get along great so far!

jt41484

One other thing i may be doing coral in the distant future will i have any issue with alot of these fish? are green chromisis a bad choice for it? i have three now and there fine but in the future i may move them in another tank

N

nereef

chromis will be fine. give us a stock list and we'll point out any potential problems.

jt41484

2 perculus clowns (tank raised)
3 Green Chromis
1 Yellowtail damsel
1 Domino Damsel
1 Other damsel cant remember thename it is black and a yellowish white
1 blue speckled gody
1 firefish
1 cleaner shrimp
2 turbo snails
1 valentini puffer
1 bicolor angel
I also had a royal grama which was the second fish in here but recently passed i think due to two cases of ich currently treating the tank
I also know about the bad idea of damsels
they were the first three fish i had at one time listened to the help at the lfs
these are all in a 125 gallon with and owerflow to the 30 gallon sump below 2 300 watt wisitherm heaters and one aquaclear 70 power head as a return from sump. thinking about dividing the extra space in my sump and start a copeopod home

spiderwoman

When you talk about cleaner shrimp, you may want to know more about which cleaner it is. Both fire and skunk are called cleaner shrimp and you can have multiple skunks in a tank, but recommended only 1 fire. For example I have 2 skunk cleaner shrimp and 1 fire shrimp in my 55g and they get along just fine.

jt41484

u make an excellent point there now that u say that im not sure which i have. ill have to stop in one day this week and see which its is. it looks like the 4.99 cleaner on swf

N

nereef

that is a skunk cleaner. you can have as many as you want.
as for the fish list, you are okay except for the puffer.

lesleybird

Cleaner shrimp often get lazy and stop cleaning. My best cleaner is a cleaner goby that cleans all my fish on a regular basis and also eats all fish foods. Don't know the exact name of him but think he may be called a neon goby and he has blue stripes on him. The big fish don't bother him that are 20 times his size. He also cleans my arm if I put it in the tank. Love this fish as do all my big angels who use his services.
Lesley