how many nass. snails?

110innc

How many nass. snails would you need for a 110? Would a horseshoe crab eat them? thanks for any input.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by 110inNC
http:///forum/post/2606132
How many nass. snails would you need for a 110? Would a horseshoe crab eat them? thanks for any input.

I would use 15 to 20 normal nassarius, and 10 to 15 super tongins. Don't know about the horseshoe crab for sure, but I don't believe so. Hope that helps.

fishygurl

the horseshoe crab will most likely starve and get big and could knock over rockwork, even in a 110...

110innc

My horseshoe crab was rescused in my opinion.The lfs we got it from had had it six months and never fed it
. Then they told us that it just ate what it found.Ive done research and found out about there diet so now when it wakes up and unburies itself I usually give it a piece of clam or shrimp. Ive had it six months myself now and its doing great. I should be able to keep it for a few more years but then its going to the Manteo Public Aquarium when it out grows my tank they already said theyd take it and they accually thought me a few things about them including that mines probally at least 5 years old.

fishygurl

k well i hope yours lives that long good luck with it, i also would start with around 20 nassarius snails and see how they do, i like the tongan ones they are bigger around an inch in size or so, you could always add more if they dont get the job done