How many people have generators for power outages?

cveverly

I have one and feel it is a "must have" piece of equipment. I have only needed it a couple times but it saved my reef and thousands of dollars in losses.

A

abeandlulu

We have a portable gen. But plan to have a house backup gen soon.

small triggers

when we build our next house, with my HUGE aquarium built in,,,,,, then we will have a whole house generator.... just didnt make sense to try and get one for my condo, lol....

canareef

I picked up a 8500W and it runs everything in my house 2 tanks, fridge,freezer,T.V., furnace and the odd light. You should see the neighbours stare when I'm sitting on the couch watching cable T.V. and they're running around with candles.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3228427
unless u live in a rural area, there isnt a need to invest in a generator since most power loss r restored within a few hours. i, myself actually hv a power inverter to keep the powerheads running for at least 5-8 hours in case of power outage.
The pre-Christmas storm we had left many towns in NC,TN & VA without power for days. Anywhere in Hurricane country can loose power for days, even weeks.

bigal0221

This is when you know you are hooked. I live in Tornado country here in Bama and have spent many a day without power over the last few years. Started my first SW tank 1 yr. ago, had an 8 hr outage last year while at work, I get home and my fish don't look good at all, so I go that night and buy a 10,000W generator.