How Many PJ Cardinalfish

Z

zenkick

I'm ready for another set of fish in my tank. I currently have 2 green chromis and 2 blue-green damselfish (chromis viridis).
I'm torn between two cinnnamon clowns and 3-4 PJ cardinalfish.
My neighbor has one clown (perc I think), but I hear that the cinnamon's have great personality-- unless that is from the semi-agression.
I love to watch the cardinalfish just "hover", and would like to have a small school.
I'm just starting out, have a cycled 72 gallon, nearly 90lbs of cured LR with some good growth, levels all at 0 except nitrate (but it's not off the charts at all.)
I'll end up having both, I'm sure, just looking for advice on which should come first.
-dk

S

surfinusa

you could probably have 5 or 6 and it is cool how they just hover in mid water

wanabebell

Im sorry if i sound rude...not trying to be
Why get pj cardinals They are UGLY
Bangii's are much nicer looking

Z

zenkick

Actually, the reason I want the PJ's is because they are "ugly".
The Banggai/Kaudern, although still unique and beautiful, seem a bit common to me. I love the multi-coloration on the PJ's, and how they just look like a mistake.
Thanks for the advice all. I have 5 otw from SWF, including some other goodies.
And remember... ugly to someone doesn't necessarily mean ugly to everyone. ;-)

misfit

I have three and they are the coolest thing.I love them. I also like the Bangis too.PJs are more colorful though

redwinger

How are PJs with a royal gramma, dwarf angel, six-line, 2 yellow tail damsels, and one clown ?
I have a 50 long with a 50 fuge.

dingo0722

I have 2 PJ and I feel they are antisocial fish. They hide in the rock until you are gone. They also come out at night, so I never get to enjoy them

jakebtc

dingo you may have to much movement in the tank during the day they like to just lay back not be in the hustle and bustle with other fish flying by all the time ?