how many teens are into this hobby?

pat

hey im almost 22 and started a few years ago when i got a hefty tax return check......if i only would have know what the investment would be up to.....uhhhhhhhhh oh and colorado reef is right......guys watch what all you get into, there is a lot of stuff that everyone says is cool, but believe me, ive been there.......smoking is one of those issues and it is a royal PAIN to kick

tru conch

in the words of Kevin Seconds "Im going to stay young until i die!"
hahaha. i have actually been in sw since i was a pre-teen, getting paid to help people set up their own tanks. but i just recently got into reefs and im really enjoying it. there is so much more info out there compared to when i was just getting going. good luck and enjoy the hobby.

bassmaster

Just turned 16. Been in the hobby for a little more than a year now, and still lovin' it (especially when my mom offers to buy stuff for me).

rankin

18 here, have had freshwater aquariums since i can remember but i've only been on the saltwater scene for a little over a year
~Rankin

Well I'm 19 will be 20 in November. But I worked at the lfs from 17 to 19. I've been reading on the hobby for almost 2 years but have only had my tank for almost a year. You guys who are that young are lucky to have parents who don't mind forking out that kind of money for your tanks. My parents never would. When I got my first tank my dad thought I was absolutely out of my mind.

opazen

IM SIXTEEN AND THIS HOBBY IS SUCKING ME DRY..... STILL LOVE IT THOUGH. iM GLAD TO HEAR THAT THERE ARE TEENS IN THIS HOBBY. i THOUGHT i WAS THE ONLY ONE. NOT REALLY ... BUT NONE OF MY FREINDS CAN UNDERSTAND WHY i PAY 60$ FOR A ROCK AND WHY i GET EXCITED TO GO THO THE LFS... aND WHY i SPEND MOVIE MONEY ON FISH? OH WELL