how many water changes

dinks

I had to STRONGLY dose my tank for ich. (no corals yet) MY QT is not cycled yet so not an option. How many water changes to get water right, what tests to use before putting in coral?
....plus, I really wanted to see if I FINALLY got my avater right!! Took me ten times...lol so be patient with that...and don't laugh!! If it turns out blurry I will fix it....puter duh here...lol
anwer question though, thanks bunches ;)
dinky

dinks

Since I don't have many fish....one tang, 2 blue dasels, one 4 striped damsel. QT is 30 gallons. I am pulling out the cc base and want to add LS and LR.
Is it possible to put them in the QT tank long enough to clean out DT tank well, and have DT cycle enough
My tang is rather large, so concerned about her being in the 30 very long.
Tank was treated with med NOT suited for corals :(
Looks like I am in quite a pickle
dinky

petjunkie

What did you add? There is no medication you can add that will kill ich except for copper and copper is deadly to live rock, coral, some fish and all inverts.

michaeltx

it will also attach to the silicone in the tank and can leach back into the tank later in killing the inverts at a later time.
I agree we really need to know what medication you added to your tank and go from there.
Mike