How many Zebras in a 90?

doahh

I'm setting up my 90 gallon tank and heard Zebra Lions school at night... How many could I put in my 90 gallon tank? I was thinking 3-4 and a SFE and that would be that.

equinecpa

I don't have an answer for you...but think it would be way cool to have a school of zebras....I'm picking up one today...I love them so much.

v-lioness

Many say you cannot --- zebras, Yet, others will disagree and claim, they are sexed like the fuzzy dwarfs. So lets look at both, so you can decide.
If you Can --- a zebra, than the same rule would apply as the fuzzy dwarfs, One Male per tank, and the rest should be females. So, in your 90g, you could have One Male and Two Females, that would make a nice group.
To --- a Fuzzy Dwarf, adult male Dwarfs have larger heads, longer pectoral fins, and 6 to 10 bands on their pectoral fins, females only have 4 to 6 stripes.
If you, do Not think you can --- a Zebra, than the same rule would apply, Only One Zebra per tank. If you add two Males to the same tank, they will fight, harass each other, cause stress, even cause one or both to jump.
Kaye

v-lioness

The Radiata /white finned lionfish/clear finned, is a beautiful lion, they are not the easiest lion to keep, these take patience when weaning to frozen foods, for live you can try Ghost shrimp (feed them something nutritional first), fiddler crabs, even try crickets. For frozen I would try, krill, Raw shrimp, Raw Crab, Scallops and so on.... They usually take to shrimp and crab over silversides or frozen sand eels.
For your 90, you can get away with a Radiata and Volitan, But I would suggest the Russell's Lion for your 90 over the Volitan, they look like a volitan, without all the fin spots, they do however get 10 - 12 inches unlike the Volitan which reaches 12 - 15 inches. Watch your Bio-Load, add no other fish but these two.
I keep a Volitan Morph in my 90g along with my file-fish, it is very aggressive, and will kill other lions, my 90g is a mature tank that seems to handle the bio-load just fine. However, I am upgrading for the lion, it has a temper that is out of control, I am going to try a 6 foot tank to see if I can get him back under control.
My Morph

Kaye

doahh

Could I keep 3 white finned lions and a ribbon eel? I know and have seen the ribbon eat and keep food down...

v-lioness

I would not risk 3 together, it can be tough to keep one, 3 is trouble. And personally I would never recommend keeping a ribbon eel, they are extremly difficult to keep.
Kaye