How many?

atlfish

How many fish can or should you put in a 180 gal tank? right now I have two triggers ( pinapple and a Niger) a wrasse,yellow tank, coral beauty, and a leopard grouper which Im planning to get rid of because I know he is going to get really big.

brucewrs

alot of factors here.It depends on your filtration and also weekly maintenance.I have a 210 with alot of fish..

atlfish

Originally Posted by fedukeford
It depends on what kind of tank you want, and what fish you want?
Ok Im back! I gota kinda of hit and run cause Im at work when i post most of the time. I guess my tank is semi-agressive if thats what you mean. Fish only. I have alot of live rock and have been doing well with my levels with tops offs every two week and monthly water changes. I have a regular wet fry filtration with a skimmer. What else do you need to know.

atlfish

WoW That's alot! Also alot of work an loot! Where did you get the auto top off? You have any pics of your tank? I would love to see it! I was just thinking of added just two more fish to mine.

brucewrs

Originally Posted by AtlFish
WoW That's alot! Also alot of work an loot! Where did you get the auto top off? You have any pics of your tank? I would love to see it! I was just thinking of added just two more fish to mine.

I went to Grainger.It is a plumbing supply store.I got a float switch for $10 and went to Harbor freight and bought a pump for $8.00.I spliced into an extension cord and put the float in my sump.It works great.Here is my tank.

brucewrs

Originally Posted by AtlFish
did not get picture.
You cant see the picture? :notsure: Anyone else?I can see it perfectly..