How Much 2 Part?

24aqua

I was wondering how big your tank,how it's stocked and how much 2 part your dosing? I have a 50g reef,lps,zoos,6 rbtas and a few sps.I do 5gl water change weekly and dose twice a week,but i cant get my levels up. It says to add 10 ml per 50g,now i read on a diff. thread about adding more than directions say and dose daily does anyone do this?

jackri

I dose 15ml per day for my 90g, and I also do a kalk drip for topoff water.
I have sps, clams, softies, lps --- I've been dosing daily for 3 - 4 weeks now and can tell a good growth rate with it. My calcium was 380-390ppm and I need to test again to see where its at now lol

C

cmaxwell39

In order to figure out how much you need to be dosing and how often you need to be testing to find out where your levels are at and figure out how much/how often you need to be dosing. If your calcium and alk levels are staying fairly steady with the dosing schedule you are using, you may need to dose a little extra to get the levels to where you would like them and then go back to dosing what you have been in order to maintain those levels.

jackri

+1
I know I really need to test and I'll finally have time tomorrow/Tuesday. Sick family, 12hr shifts, frag tank build, chores, and a healthy tank just makes it get pushed to the back burner.
Anything you start adding to your tank like that you should be testing for and I'm guilty.

jackri

I dose early in the morning when I wake up (5am when I work, 8 or 9am when I don't.. lights on at 11am) just for the fact that's when my pH is at it's lowest.
Right before your lights go off your pH would be at it's highest and then you would also be giving it a boost at the wrong time. Really for the amount you're dosing you should be ok whenever, but this is just the way I do it and my reasoning.

C

cmaxwell39

I dose mine in the evening just because that is when I can be consistent about doing it. I am not a morning person and will not even make time for breakfast in my morning routine before work so there is no way tank maintanance is going to get into my morning routine. I have to dose my 75 everyday in order to keep calcium and alk steady.