How much Flow For GSP and Xenia??

cafero702

How much Flow should i have on my GSP and Xenia?? My Xenia seems to have enough flow it is pom pom X. It is moving quite frequently in my tank bit is it too much flow for it to spread??
And my GSP i just got today it hasnt opened yet How long should i be waiting to see when it opens a couple days?? How much Flow should i have on the GSP??
Is there a thing as too much flow??

I had a big yellow leather in the spot the GSP is in now and the leather wasnt openeing at all ive had it for a week then i moved it higher up in my tank and into more flow it opened right away. Does this mean i picked a bad spot for my GSP??Should i just wait and see until it opens?

aquaguy24

They both need med flow. Enough to see sway back and forth but enough that it looks like a tropical storm just hit. Just wait a couple days to see if the gap will open up. Both these corals can invade a tank and choke out other corals so be carefull.

cafero702

Originally Posted by aquaguy24
http:///forum/post/3097432
They both need med flow. Enough to see sway back and forth but enough that it looks like a tropical storm just hit. Just wait a couple days to see if the gap will open up. Both these corals can invade a tank and choke out other corals so be carefull.
Well i have power compacts so i dont think it will spread. will they??
But im hoping they do i have a 140g and i want GSP or Xenia all over the place lol

aquaguy24

If xenias do well, they will be all over the place. U can frag little pieces and place them all over if u want it all crazy. Or just keep it on a separate rock so it doesn't spread to other rocks. U can even attach them to the glass. Same with the gsp.