How much have you spent on a fish?

shep

My worst is mandrin goby that I have more than 400 dollars invested in. He was a bad first fish and needless to say I don't buy fish there anymore. Just wondered how many other people have dumped tons into a fish to keep him alive.

D

daniel411

How is it possible to spend 400 on keeping a mandirin goby alive?

michaeltx

because of the fish I wanted to keep and the setting that I wanted to keep them in I have spent 3500$ actually more but thats tank and all that goos stuff to go with it.
Mike

shep

It's really easy when you talk to idiots that tell you quick fix stuff to make it happy and you don't research it to find out what it really needs.

laudluvr

I spent roughly 100 bucks on an Emperator Angel that passed away. That is when I was forced to go into fresh water fish. LOL

D

daniel411

BlueBerryBoomer,
Are there any sw lfs in the Fort Gratiot/Port Huron area? I was just transfered to the area, and am going to be moving soon.
The drive from Novi to there is just out of hand.

blueberryboomer

Daniel, We have one lfs in town,(Feed & Seed) but the only time I have ever bought a sw fish from them was to rescue it from the poor conditions. The only thing I buy there any more is frozen food.
There are a couple good ones, one in Anchor Bay, It's called Anchor Bay Aquarium, I would buy anything from them and have, they have a great selection of fish and corals. The other one is Oceans and Sea's, thier in Roseville, now I buy corals from them, but I won't buy fish, you tend to see alot of dead fish in thier tanks and lots of ick.
More often then not, I order most of our stuff off line. If you want to e-mail me, I can give you a couple links to some great stores. Next day delivery. We have only had one or two problems with stuff we have ordered from the ones I use, but when I let them know they make it right.
Lisa:D blueboomer@msn.com

elitsoh

i totally agree oceans and seas has........bad fish conditions most of the time....you might want to try aquatic disoveries @ 15 and ryan...good luck with the move

D

daniel411

I'll check out the Anchor Bay lfs and I keep hearing about a store thats supposed to be awesome over at 15 and ryan. Hmm.. saturday might just have to be a pet shop traveling day.
Have you seen what all "Oceans and Seas" has in that large-tall hexagon aquarium? Its almost horrible that they have all those sharks, rays, and eels in such conditions.

hairtrigger

It would make you sick. And I'm talking just buying. Not including sustaining. God, I love my fish too much. :cool:

flamehawk

Lisa-empy looks great.
Spent $100.00 on adult emperor angel to replace one I had for three years. Died suddenly and it was a real bummer. My LFS special ordered one for me from bali and gave it to me for cost. $100 dollars for a 6 1/2 inch adult is not bad. I also have paid about $90 for my sohal tang from red sea. He was about 4 1/2 - 5 inches when I bought him. He's now about 7 - 7 1/2 inches and quite beautiful but agressive.

blueberryboomer

flamehawk, I'm so sorry for the loss of your empy. Mine is my pride and joy, we've had him almost 2 years now, have never had a problem with ick or anything. Well the only problem we have had is he likes to eat corals. He started on our leathers so we had to move them to the 30 reef. From what I hear these guys are very hard to keep, I guess we have been lucky, he seems very hearty...Best of luck on your new guy! Keep me posted... Lisa