How much is a used 30 gallon worth?

crypt keeper

i bought a brand new one for $60. If its a 30 long like a breeder tank Id say $50. They are more desired in this hobby IMO.

stanlalee

there's virtually no value for a standard used 30g as there not much demand to save a buck on a $60 item. I mean any more than $10 just as well go all out and splurge another whopping $50 on a shinny new one sure or likely to be scratch and leak free. The only 30g worth anything would have to be custom (rimless, cubed, starfire glass, acrylic ect).

flower

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
http:///forum/post/3090125
there's virtually no value for a standard used 30g as there not much demand to save a buck on a $60 item. I mean any more than $10 just as well go all out and splurge another whopping $50 on a shinny new one sure or likely to be scratch and leak free. The only 30g worth anything would have to be custom (rimless, cubed, starfire glass, acrylic ect).

+1 it really isn't worth much money..but it is a great QT.

jimmy 4

It is a 30 long. I didn't really want to sell it so I priced it at $50. The guy didn't like that price so I said forget it. I will probably use it for a DIY sump when I set up a larger tank.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by Jimmy 4
http:///forum/post/3090322
It is a 30 long. I didn't really want to sell it so I priced it at $50. The guy didn't like that price so I said forget it. I will probably use it for a DIY sump when I set up a larger tank.
30g long (what I have too) cost $59.99 new at any local pet world so that should have been no suprise.

ophiura

On such a "small" tank I would not buy it used unless it was a really good deal. Just the reassurance of knowing it is a new tank, probably with a warranty, is worth a few more bucks. So unless you are selling it for like $20 and it is a year or two old...but IMO you aren't going to get $50 for sure.

jimmy 4

I have no need or want to sell it. But if someone was willing to give me $50 I would sell it. Otherwise I would probably end up buying a new one for 60 down the road. Makes no sense to me so sell myself short. The tank is in near perfect condition. The only real damage was done to some of the silicon in one corner by hermit crabs.

roberteb

That's funny that I ran across this thread today. I had to buy one yesterday due to one of my freshwater fish (7" Manganese) getting way to aggressive with it's tank-mates. I bought a 29 gallon new for $34.99. I was planning on finding him a new home but that damn fish is a beauty. I just may have to keep him & have his own tank to himself.