How much is this worth?

W

winstew

Looking into buying this tank.... Its got some goodies.. just trying to see if I'm getting a decent deal or not. How much would you pay?
I have an 72 bow front Black. (everflow)
Black wooden stand. (cabinet style)
3 Power heads (1 Rio 200 in the actual tank for surface water movement.)
1 Rio 600 in the sump box hooked up to the UV
1 Rio 2100 Running the actual filter system
Amircle Box with bio-balls
Heater
Aquanetics UV (Model 8IL)
4ft Light Kit just a standard Florescent
approx 8 pieces decorative coral
100_1974x.jpg
100_1975x.jpg

W

winstew

I'm not goign to keep the same setup , ie lighting, coral, etc.. I just want to get some opinions on if i'm getting a decent price for it.......
Hes asking around 700

loodachris

I would say so...$700 for all of that? The extra's really do not help much, but they are a good bonus... the powerheads are a plus, just make sure they all work well. You might want to ask yourself first... What type of setup ARE you going to have? Because if you are not going to use the majority of that stuff dont even bother just buy a new tank with no extras and start from scratch. JMO- hope it helps

loodachris

...Also that tank looks like it needs a good cleaning, really think about what you are going to do and what will need to be done to this one to get it there. It may not be worth the work needed.

W

winstew

Yea I'm looking to do a Reef/ LR setup so... plus i'm on a budget so I dont mind putting in the extra work to clean it. A 72 Gal Bowfront RR costs like 600 anyways....

loodachris

Yeah definately... I say go for it than, do you think you can talk him down at all? If so that is another plus...Good Luck! Have you ever done a Saltwater Setup before?

W

winstew

No i did freshwater for a long time... This woulkd be my first Saltwater... I just sold my 55 freshwater soI'm chomping at the bit to get into this.

aw2

I wouldnt pay more than $300 - $400 for it. You can get much larger tank or a much better deal for $700.
The Rios are complete junk, you're not getting any special lights and the UV is nothing special.

miked0523

rio pumps are garbage $350 tops you can get a 140 gallon with glass tops, stand, and NO light for like $750

bigb

I'd have to agree with the last two posts. It's a little overpriced, the extras aren't worth the price he/she's asking.

W

winstew

YEA I'm starting to agree.. I think the price is inflated because of the bowfront glass.....

nofish4u!!

Yah, I've gotta agree with the posts above also. I recently purchased a 120g from Petsmart for $300 (stand, lights and glass tops included). There were also bowfronts (80g?) for around $500. There are better deals out there. Best of luck to you!

hot883

I got my 125 reef ready with dual overflows, glass, stand and canopy for $600, with a 20 year warranty. I would say like $300-400 max. Just my opinion.