how much is too much?

wetone

I have this wellsophylia brain that isnt concistently opening up, he is in the tank less than 1 month. I have other brains (not me !! the ones in the tank) that are doing great, as well as other SPS and LPS. I think this is just an acclimation issue.
My question is how long do you leave a specimen in an area before you try other location with different lighting and current? Maybe I'm just moving him too quickly. I have moved him 2 or 3 times usually once a week trying to find the "right spot"

nasotang00

I have been having the same problem with mine. I have no others to compare it to, this is my first. Not trying to hijack your post but would like to know the answer to this ? also.

adrian

Have your tired to offer it a little shade? Sometimes brains do not like being placed under intense illumination and will appear closed most of the time. I have to keep my red trach in a very shady spot or it will not expand. I would say wait at least 48 hours in between moves. You might also try feeding it. GL

wetone

I feed it pretty regularly, it gets DT's in the water as well as a mix of shrimp, daphnia, and some other stuff mixed together into a liquid and doses with a baster.
I do have him under 2 250W MH with 2 110W VHO actinics and he is in the bright areas....I will try a move lower in the shade