How much LR?

hippo!

This is my fisrt time with saltwater tanks so I am very new to this..
Setting up a 75g and was wondering how much live rock is needed for a tank this size. Also, is it best to have LR with tank for cycling?
Thanks in advance for the help....
Shane

vs

hey, im selling live rock. i sold 35 lbs for $100.00 included with shipping to RUBBERDUCKY. if you need any, let me know

rubberduck

ok when are finished with your tank you should have at about 1.5-2 pounds of live rock per gallon. you dont have to do this all at once and you definatly shouldent rush things. IMO i would buy some rocks from here (or someone like i did) your choice, and precure them while you cycle your tank. this will speed the process up and cure some rock in your tank. but its up to you. this was strickly just some ideas. :D

thedraven

Its a matter or personal preference. Amount of live rock will also differ depending on the type (Fiji, Kaelini, Marshall, Tonga, etc). For example, fiji rock is denser than tongan rock.
Fiji is probably the most popular type of live rock, and to fill a 75 gal reasonably well, count on buying around 100lbs or more.

B

big911dog

i have about 100lbs in my 72 bow. its a mix of fiji and tongan shelf.

therick

I've got 90lbs of Fiji in my 55g and it appears to be the right amount. I'd recommend around 120lbs (75 x 1.65). Just my 2 cents.