How Much Money Do You Have In Your Aquarium

robchuck

So much that I've been eating Romen noodles, and showering at the local truck stop just to afford keeping the tank running. j/k :D :D :D

j. hoss

I guess I'm pretty lucky! A friend was trying to get rid of her tank, and wanted it to go to a good home, so she gave me the entire set-up (55 gal tank, stand, filter, protein skimmer, heaters, live rock, fish and inverts for $350.

blondenaso1

Hey, if we put all our money together we could have one heck of a tank. We could even start our own aquarium. Anyone want to start making a list of investors??

plum70rt

Wow ,lots of deals out there, im about 7 grand into it so far, and I just got started! buts thats delivered to my home and set up water rock and all,210 gallon,52 gallon sump ,skimmer, VHO lighting,250lbs of rock 250 lbs of LS, Im sure its endless,:D

ruaround

over the last 9 years...hmmm let me see...fort knox ring a bell??
but seriously...
tanks(plural!)+fish+sand+rock
X electricity+water+RO system
X suppliments+salt+new bulbs
X 5 gallon buckets+all the necesary accesories
X time spent in set up and husbandry=
PRICELESS!!!!

hmm how much have i spent well let me think. 200 bucks on 2 fish. (my blue spots) 80 for lights, 40 for filter, 200 for rock, 100 for tank, 100 for sand. all total 720 not to mention my damsels and food stuffs.

bethany

I have about $400 on a 45 new tank only small amounts of lr, ls, 5 damsels, lights, wet/dry filter, and a carrot sponge. But, who cares as long as you love it!!!!!! It may 3 months or 3 years to completed it but I still love it.........extremenly relaxing!

M

mr hanky

add the average of this up!! a 180gal reef, 150 gal reef and a 75 aggresive skimmers on all , appropriate amount of rock/dsb, mh/pc lighting for all and abouut 3/4 stocked with specimens. $12,000 might be a little short !!!!! please dont tell my wife !!!!!!lol

holacanthus

27 tanks
well over $40,000
not even done yet, been doing alot of back to freshwater reading,
found an article about freshwater live sand, damn theres an expensive idea, and now I've got the heavily planted fw tank with fw ls fever gotta get it!

fusd71

I would hate to even start adding it up and I just started. I think if I added it all up right now, my wife would divorce me, LOL

shadow678

Not counting my business equipment for my store, for my 200gal FOWLR, 100gal reef, 90gal FOWLR, 30gal FOWLR, 25gal RR(currently empty), and 10gal feeder tank, I'm looking around $9,000. Out-of-pocket expenses for my business are somewhere in the neighborhood of an additional $2,000. God, how I could be doing so much better if I had never gotten into this hobby. lol

killyah

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
=========LOTS========LOTS=========LOTS==========
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
i could of bought a better house and car :rolleyes: , but me love my fishys better :D

mmslue79

I am just FW right now and here is my skinny:
15 Gallon: $175
55 Gallon: $400
120 Gallon SW (tank only): $200 and going way up.
I am figuring I will end up spending at least $2500 for the SW. And of course I am already scheeming up another plan for a 75+ SW.
Yikes!
Anyone have 6 lucky numbers for this weeks lotto?

mmslue79

Not only do you have to account for the tank and fish and everything else, you also have to consider the amount of electricity a system uses per month/year.