How much should I be looking at spending?

Originally Posted by dstoneburg
Before the very important "saltwater isnt cheap" speach, I know and well agree with it. I do have the money, so this isnt a "I cant afford" type post. More its a I would like to put in the LEAST ammount of money possible into purchasing and getting a 29-34g tank together. So if I am looking at purchasing everyting, from the tank and stand to a light setup and skimmer. What specific makes and models would you recomend and what do you think the total cost will pan out to be? Exclude liverock and fish.
i spent about 1000$ and i love the way my tank looks. But i hve a 30 gallon

ec

In my experience, a chiller and LR cost me most!
Chillers are 250+ depends on how much HP you are getting.

baileyaa

10 gallon tank, stand and hood $45.99
freshwater plants $23
two pairs of guppies $2.99
starting a tank maintenance business and having about 40 customers with huge 250 gallon plus size tanks that pay me to take care of their fish-- priceless

ccampbell57

Originally Posted by dstoneburg
Before the very important "saltwater isnt cheap" speach, I know and well agree with it. I do have the money, so this isnt a "I cant afford" type post. More its a I would like to put in the LEAST ammount of money possible into purchasing and getting a 29-34g tank together. So if I am looking at purchasing everyting, from the tank and stand to a light setup and skimmer. What specific makes and models would you recomend and what do you think the total cost will pan out to be? Exclude liverock and fish.
Here is my cost for the Nano -
- 20g Custom for $175 (reg. $400)
- Retrofit SunPaq lights and Ballasts ($130)
- Replaced the pump with a more powerful one ($50)
- Stealth Heater ($35)
- Digital Thermometer ($10)
- Live Sand 2 bags @ $29 each
- 35lbs Live Rock (average $8/lb)
All in all, to get the thing up and running was around $600. Add all my living things (as well as the ones that didnt make the move from the big tank), I am well over $1500.
This wouldnt even cover my cost on the Stand and Canopy for my 180