How much time between adding fish or coral?

dutchswan

I added goniopora and a zoo frag two weeks ago. One week ago I added a bubble-tip anemone. Is there any period of time I should wait before adding anything else? Below are my water peramteters from 5 minutes ago. I will be doing a 10% water change later today.
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
NItrate: 0
Phosphate: 0
Calcium: 420
KH: 6 Degrees
pH: 8.4
Temperature: 80.1
Specific Gravity: 1.022
I did not experience any spike in Ammonia after my last additions. I have a significant amount of LR compared to the size of my tank (19 Centaloupe sized pieces of Fiji LR) in my 47 Gallon Column. My nitrate went from 5-10 last week to an obvious 0 this week. I slowly raised my water temperature from 78 F to 80 F, and have been topping off my tank with salt water to raise my gravity from 1.021 to 1.025. I thought the gravity would go up more quickly than this, but I suppose gradual is key anyway.
I want to give my Ocellaris Clown a partner, and it would be nice if one of them would host my anemone (my current clown has shown 0 interest). I am thiking about another zoo frag (differet color) and perhaps green star polyps. Anyway, feedback is appreciated! What other fish do you think would enjoy my tank (seen below). I should note that I do not have a top and my water surface is exposed.

J

jstdv8

fish should be added slowly, a month apart would be super unless you were adding in pairs. As long as the fish aren't huge you cn adda couple at a time.
the corals I don't think it matters much how much or how fast you add them as long as you've got the food, the flow and the light for them

dutchswan

What about anemones? I guess i was expecting a small increase in ammonia after I added it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///forum/thread/383603/how-much-time-between-adding-fish-or-coral#post_3356192
fish should be added slowly, a month apart would be super unless you were adding in pairs. As long as the fish aren't huge you cn adda couple at a time.
the corals I don't think it matters much how much or how fast you add them as long as you've got the food, the flow and the light for them

wangotango

Since you added a BTA already I wouldn't add anymore anemones in a tank that size. Too much chemical warfare and competition.
As long as your water parameters are spot on you could fill the tank with all the coral you wanted.

dutchswan

Yea...I didn't intend on any.more anamones...I guess I was thinking about how long after adding the anamone could I add another clown. I think today iis the answer.

btldreef

I've added coral and fish at the same time. Corals don't really need a wait period in between additions. It's wise to wait a little with SPS, just to get a handle on calcium readings sometimes, but I've add loads of coral at the same time.

1snapple

I loaded 7 different corals yesterday, 1 chalice and 6 different zoas.
No change.
I want 2-3 weeks between fish, I know everyone says 1 month.