how much time do you spend?

minchman

I Spend Between 4-6 Hours On My Tank, Between Feeding, Cleaning, Filter, Skimmer, And Just Plain Old Watching.

speg

I highly doubt you spend 6 hours :p
Some days I spend 30 minutes of total time on it.. sometimes I spend a little over a hour.
Now ask how long I spend on the internet learning about the hobby...............

puffer32

I watch my fish while hubby watches the tube, don't mean to, but my eyes are just drawn to it instead, i am not big on tv anyhow, so i would say at least 1 hr aday watching my tank. Always something intresting going on inside. Just last night i watched my tiger goby grab up 6 shells and drop them in his cave. Then watched my CBS and hauk fish fight over a shrimp pellet, only to have it scooped up from behind by the goby
Won't see anything this entertaining on tv, IMHO

dougai

half an hour for me
im online all the time though
and down the road at my lfs every other day
the guy there is practically me best friend, well not really but you get the picture

E

exile415

About, 30 Minutes to an hour. I check the water,Change/Clean the filter, empty skimmer collection cup,change water, then watch.

murph

Watch tank during commercials on TV. Since setting up the tank I have actually been able to leave the TV on the same channel for the entire length of a program. Use to be the idiotic nature of the commercials would have me reaching for the remote to channel surf when they came on, forget what I was watching before and then the process would repeat itself until bed time.
Now I can just mute the stupid commercials and watch the tank. Of course then I forget about the TV all together and miss half the show again

AS far as maintenance is concerned probably 30 minutes a day.

tree

I spend lots of time watching the tank. When I work from home I get occasional glimpses all day long :hilarious On other days at least 1/2 hour to an hour for watching and about 10 minutes checking to make sure everything is ok & emptying the skimmer cup.
On weekends there's the 1-4 hours for maintenance - glass cleaning, sponge cleaning, water change, pump cleaning, etc. Sometimes I spread that out during the week.

diane4

Running 5 fresh water tanks and 2 saltwater tanks, I easily spend 1 full day throughout the week.
Rick thinks I always have my head in the fish tank.

carshark

Originally Posted by Speg
I highly doubt you spend 6 hours :p
Some days I spend 30 minutes of total time on it.. sometimes I spend a little over a hour.
Now ask how long I spend on the internet learning about the hobby...............
average of about 5 hours off and on, its truly pathetic but informative