How my Friday went...

takia

Just wanted to share, since you are the only people that that will understand. I have a DA that is at my house 3 days a week and Friday I got a call at work that I needed to come home. My 12 gal. Eclipse tank was leaking, and she could not figure out what was going on. By the time I got here it had lost about 3 gal. of water and was CRACKED straight up the back. The back of the aquarium was against a wall so there was no real reason for it to crack. So, I got my 55 gallon I wanted a month or so early. Set it up, bought 40 gallons of water from Kroger, and put my livestock in there. Two days later all is alive (for now). The really big problem is that NO ONE around here had any live sand right now. So I am seeding the sand, hoping that it will be OK sooner or later. But I was pretty mad, and figured you all would understand!

reefnut

That stinks... atleast it motivated you to set up the 55g :)... but seriously, how old was the 12g?? Did it crack down the middle or at the seam?? Was there any rocks that could have fell against the back??

takia

Tank was 3 months old, and there was nothing near the sides. UGH!! It was just frustrating!

pinktail

Did you buy it new? Is it still under warranty? If it is, you should call the manufacturer and ask for refund and compensation. Good luck!

loopy

My tank has a 'lifetime' warranty....(Their life or mine???) I would check it out....at least get something out of it if you can.
MAN....you experienced my worst nightmare.....When we are out of town, which is often lately, I alway have this horrible vision of 55 gallon of water on my floor...(original birds eye maple, very old, but very unique) Fish laying in a puddle, dead....sand and cc all over the place. Then last night my son is tossing a basket ball around......I went nuts...could just see it hitting the tank just right and.......SPLASH CRASH.....SWIM FOR YOUR LIFE!!!! I feel bad for you, but hey...look at it this way, at least it wasn't a 150 gallon tank!!!!! (Is that a bright side? Hope so!:yes: ) Keep us updated on how the new tank is doing.