How not to take fish pictures

This is not the kind of person I would want to have photographing fish for sale. The guy should get lessons on fish photograph. In the tank swimming is much better in my opionon than in hand, above a bucket. (This guy is selling fish on ----)

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
i think he should sell lionfish :thinking:
:hilarious

socal57che

Originally Posted by cyclops
What is he thininking. Couldn't that stress the fish.
I hear that hand catching is far less stressful than netting, but I'll stick with the "chase them into a specimen container" method.

Originally Posted by cyclops
What is he thininking. Couldn't that stress the fish.
Last time I checked ... taking a fish out of the water to photograph the fish to sell is less than optimal. I think the fish would be happy to only be stressed as opposed to, well, dead. I know that there are arguements about the level of stress caused by netting fish, but I still would rather have a tank shot with a poorly maintained tank than to see the poor fish "out-of-water."

earlybird

Originally Posted by socal57che
I hear that hand catching is far less stressful than netting, but I'll stick with the "chase them into a specimen container" method.
Don't know why he can't just take a picture of the fish while it's in the tank. Perhaps to show its size.
It is true that handling a fish with your hands is better than a net but he had to use a net to get it out in the first place. Nets remove some slime. I cringe when I see people fishing and they are afraid to handle the fish with their bare hands and instead use a towel which is way worse.

socal57che

Originally Posted by earlybird
Don't know why he can't just take a picture of the fish while it's in the tank.
He's afraid to let people see the condition of his stock tanks! :scared:

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by socal57che
He's afraid to let people see the condition of his stock tanks! :scared:
hmmm, i dont think hes has one aside from his hand

triga22

Its people like him that can give the fish hobby a bad look. Picking this fish up with your hand removes the slime coat from the fish, therefore causing the fish to become ill and die. I do not reccomend doing this. (Especially with lionfish-Sharkboy lol)

Originally Posted by WangoTango
you have to agree that it is a nice discus though :joy:
-Justiin
I am sure he will sell it to you if you want to buy it! :joy:
:joy:

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by TheReefKeeper
I am sure he will sell it to you if you want to buy it! :joy:
:joy:
what size hand do u have? u might need a pretty big one for this guy when he gets to be an adult