How often do you clean your glass?

justinl

Every 3-4 days I have to clean the front of my tanks of green algae. The snails eat quite a bit but I was just wondering how often other people have to clean the front of their glass.

captained

About the same. I got a magnetic cleaner for my acrylic tank that I like, although I know many people don't because you do have to be very careful not to scratch the glass/acrylic or break your fingers.

jodeman

I use a Gulfsrteam Mag-Float to clean my glass. You can buy 1 off this site (under dry goods). I usually wipe it around a little every day (takes about 5 minutes), and the algae never builds up. Like Ed said, some people don't like them but IMO it was the best cleaning investment I've made.
Oh! If'n you decide to try 1, they come in different sizes, depending on how thick your glass is. HTH

nm reef

currently about every 10-12 days.....before the refugium it was weekly if not more often....I use a algae scrapper and a old credit card........ :rolleyes:

saltydog

I clean mine about every third day or so. I use the Dynamic Disk w/ a three foot handle. Works great on the dusty algae's you are talking about. I believe it is for glass tanks only. I don't think it will cling to acrylic.
I ordered direct from Aquatic Devices. Not sure if this site carries them.