How often do you go to the LFS??

flameangel

I go at least once a week to an LFS. Unfortunately the close ones only sell freshwater fish. if I want to look at things for my reef tank, I have to hop in the car for 1/2 hour drive or so. Not too bad. I only go to those maybe once every two weeks now unless I'm already in the area and stop by. Some of you guys that go everyday.....WOW! I would be broke, no joke!

wolffam

I have two LFS both about 20-40 minutes away. One barely does SW the other is only SW has good selections. I go there about 1 month, mainly for water, until I can upgrade my lighting. I travel to Houston about 90 minutes away and spend the day traveling around to various stores. Still lookoing for the best, can send me the 7-8 that you good to Baron.

pat

hey Katara.....ummm the place that i really like to go is the outlet for Jeff's exotic fish, thats in Gardena, so its a bit of a drive, but way worth it... its exoticfish.com ummm the other one is ok, well better than what we have up here, but i went last night actually and their prices seem to be going up, and a few of the fish were looking kinda yunky, but its still a pretty clean place and has a pretty big coral section i guess.....that is on the corner of mason and plummer in chatsworth......let me know when your going, i might be able to meet up or whatever, where all do you go in the valley? i got a lot of family, and im only like 20 minutes away

keitho

i go a couple of times a week to my regular LFS and i sporatically visit others around the area....

Usually twice a week, want them to get to know me. Like to hang arround on Saturday afternoons especially...that's when people come in with stuff to trade in.

fishymissy

I used to go to my favorite store 2 to 3 times a week, but since we moved, and they changed their store hours, if I make it 2 times a month I'm lucky. Oh well, I guess I'm saving money! ;)

blondenaso1

Hey fishymissy,
What stores to you go to? I am from Clearwater but live in Gainesville now. I usually go to exotic aquatics on Main St. in Clearwater when I am home. I have also been to The Blue Tang? on Eastbay. DO you know of any other good ones?

katara

PAT..
I'm in wonderful Van Nuys,But would love to meet up for a "shopping excursion"..write me at Katara818@cs.com

pat

ok fish man, which one, since youre in Newport, i would guess jeffs?????i like that one a lot, its just a bit of a drive.......Katara.....im cycling a 125 right now, so i could drop you a line or something when that is closer to being done, i just filled it this weekend....talk to yall later

tru conch

i make it usually once a week in orlando, and i visit a few of the lfs in tampa on the weekends. i just like to look. i dunno if anyone else plays the "money not an option game," where you go around and look at livestock you would buy if you could. hahaha. i guess i am just easily amused.

fishymissy

Sorry I took so long to respond BlondNaso1....my favorite one is on Bay Pines Blvd called PetMart (no S). Their livestock is usually very healthy (I did visit once and they had a bad outbreak of ich, but they cleaned it up really well) and they always have a nice selection. The other one is on Park Blvd called Aquatic Wonders.....very nice store with a 2,000 gallon display tank! I wish it was mine! They carry aquacultured stuff from LR to fish...which is really nice. Of course, since there isn't a huge variety with that yet, they also carry other fish and inverts as well!! (The rock is awesome though, I just bought some more and it's loaded with life!
We have a Blue Tang on Ulmerton, but all they do is service aquariums.....is the one on East Bay any good? I haven't heard of that one, I've been to the store on Main St. but that's kinda far for me to go to on a regular basis.

treble

I olny go maybe once every 2 weeks. I dont have a ride most of the time, cause I cant drive yet.

cyn

I go to the LFS in Houston about every 2 weeks. I have a favorite, but an exploring some of the others as well. Lately, I am not getting to Houston as often it is an hours drive or longer with the new speed limits they have imposed!