how old are some of you????

salt one

i was sitting here and people were talking about there parents getting them things and stuff and i just wanted to know people ages! i am 16

:p I hope it works Sammy!! I wish that my parents bought me stuff too! I am 17 and I still live with my parents, but I have that whole, I want to be independent, so the only thing my parents bought me was the tanks and stuff, I buy what goes on the inside! Salt, do your parents buy you stuff? what size tank do you have?
~~Megan

T

tattooedlife

SammyStingray, I think were gitting screwed. My parents aren,t buying me anything either. Maybe its our age. I'm 26 also. Damn, why can't we be 16 again?

salt one

lol, yeah, my parents buy me alot of what i have, i have a 75 gallon reef tank with corals and stuff, i just got a new light and a uv sterilizer, but the only thing is when i leave it stays here, so i have to injoy it while i can!!

tobie

QUIT YOUR BITCHIN!!
wait untill your 33 with a child and you have to choose school clothes over new lighting so you can finally start up your tank again
I love my kid and whatever i say they sould come first but 40#
of nice fiji would be great

mr . salty

HEY, it sounds like you all are ganging up on us old guys. I'm 39. My kids are as old as you guys. My kids are more interested in "dad" buying them a car than fish. STEVE

kmr

Try juggling buying reef stuff and studio stuff. Theres always something to get in both areas. I am 31 on 7/30 and wish I could be 16 again so I could invest in Microsoft. Then I wouldn't have to worry.
[This message has been edited by KMR (edited 07-18-2000).]
[This message has been edited by KMR (edited 07-19-2000).]

Wow Tobie, you sound like the dad I always wanted, my dad picked his job over my sister and I, tell your kid he is very lucky, even if he doesn't realize it. All you "old guys" I think that it is great that you all have done so well, as I know you have to have in order to get some of those very huge tanks going, and I hope one day I will have done as well as you guys have (and have a HUGE tank to show for it!!!) Salt, thats the one good thing I guess about having bought everything for my tank, I get to take it with me, even though it isn't as huge as yours!!

jtoliver

I'm 29 with 2 wonderful kids under 3. I'm just happy when my wife lets me buy stuff. But I can always use the excuse that it is for the kids. Actually I roofed my fish guy's garage for in store credit and I have gotten a ton of stuff through that.

ktwheet

Sounds like I am the yuppy in the group. I am turning 21 on August 21 and have been happily married for two years. I work and go to school and don't have any kids (Thank goodness). I am working on my Ph.D in psychology and my husband is a network administrator...Everyone I know thinks I am crazy for having a saltwater tank because "it is such an expensive hobby". I would be interested in knowing where everyone lives also, not just ages. Wouldn't it be neat to find out that someone on this board lives close to you?

tobie

flint the armpit of Michigan! Not a decent fish store Within 40 Miles! I have been going down to tropicorium in romulis What a freeeking candy store I just wish my tank was already up! anybody else been there?

phliguy

I'm 37 year old male and our first child is under 2 yrs old,....
8th grade education and am in the collateral loan business(PAWNBROKER) in South
Mississippi,.. have a 225 reef in wall glass
and am still trying to get it all settled in before I button up the backside with all the equipment.
Phil

T

tattooedlife

All this talk about kids makes me feel old now. I have a 6 year old girl and 4 year old boy.

drewster

Hey tobie, I've been to Tropicorium and i made it my new favorite place to go to. I live in Farmington Hills so its a little closer to me. Still about a 20 minute drive but well worth it. If anybody else lives near the Detroit area i highly recommend going here. You won't be disappointed.

salt one

this is pritty cool, i think its neat that there are so many different aged people into one thing! yeah i am wanting a car over my fish tank any day, but it is still fun, infact i just went today to look at a car! geezz i am going to have to sell my tank to have a downpayment! lol, keep um coming!