How over priced is your LFS

D

daniel411

Most of the lfs prices around here are very reasonable. However, alot of it depends on their distributors and such. Understandably, due to the volume, most online sellers receive great quantity discounts.
Theres always one or two things that are over-priced, and some stores are better than others. I can get peppermint shrimp for around $6 a piece, cleaner shrimp from $13 to $30 for a huge one.

stanton

Our local lfs is hit are miss also.We only have one in our area, so they can pretty much put it to ya. Most of the fish are double the cost online ,but they do have a two week warranty for half the price of the fish. They just require the dead fish back and a water sample.
Dry goods are where they got me. Maxi jets are double the price online.

skirrby

i havent looked at alot.. the ones by my girlfriends house is pretty expensive.. but the one by my house has some good prices..and they sell used stuff to for dirt cheep

rbmount

Dacia,where do you get your fish at? Ieither go to fintastic in Charlotte (great selection higher prices), or Wet Pets in Gastonia (lower prices but not too great a selection. but the owner seems to really know what he is talking about).

martianarts

Originally posted by fishguy4
i work at my lfs so i get things cheap! just over cost

Ditto. I get awesome deals on dry goods. :)

lesleybird

Hi, I am lucky.....I have two LFS within 7 miles of me. One sells premium curred live rock for $6.99 a pound, and the other one sells better curred live rock for only $3.99 a pound. Well I am very lucky to have access to nice fully curred live rock for $3.99 that I can hand pick! Now, if I could just find a place that has royal blue, and bright purple mushrooms?? Lesley

theplowking

I deal with Broadway tropicals in Denver. They have some of the
best prices on fish and live rock. Some of thier prices even beat the online stores.
I usally get LR for 4-5 per lbs.
Then we have the other stores in town that are crazy about prices.