How small...

salty cheese

How small does everyone chop up the cocktail shrimp when feeding fish and anemones?:notsure:
Enlighten me please.

reefer44

what fish are you feeding them to....depending on the size of your anenome i would cut into 5th's or 3rd's
Brad

salty cheese

Oops, sorry about that, I was still a little giddy from coming home from work to find my Clown hosting in my anemone.:D
I have bubble coral that is 5 inches in diameter, a maroon clown thats about 2 inches in legnth, a royal gramma about the same as the clown and RBT that is about 3 inches in diameter at the crown.
Thanks

reefer44

i don't think either of those fish would really like cocktail shrimp.....try mysid or brine.......for the anenome i would cut the shrimp into 5 pieces.....but he would like clam or squid alot better
Brad

salty cheese

Thanks for your help reefer!:)
The Rg pigged out, the bubble ate some too, the clown fed the anemone:joy: but did not eat anything so I'm going to give it some mysis (that's what both fish get every other day) What kind of clam meat?
Thanks again for your help:yes:

reefer44

just the frozen clam at the grocery store.....also my clown likes lettece and spirula flakes to :D
the reason i say this is cause the more varied the diet the more colorful the fish are
Brad

salty cheese

I hear you on the variety thing, that’s why I wanted to try the shrimp. The clown is so possessive of the anemone that it wouldn’t stray more than 2 inches away to get some mysis.
Just in case you weren’t aware of where I’m at with my aquarium (don’t try to deny that you’re my biggest fan:D ), I’ve had the clown since May and I bought the RBT yesterday. So I’m very happy right now because within 24 hours of adding the anemone, the clown is being hosted by the RBT and is feeding it.