How smart are your fish ?

bona42na

My Humu trigger never ceases to amaze me . Last week I added about 2 dozen Nassarious snails to the DSB. Well he digs one up occasionally but yesterday was the best. He knows one is around but too deep so he bites onto a piece of live rock and flips his tail up for about 30 seconds creating a sandstorm in the tank while digging about a 2 by 2 inch hole. plucks the snail out of the hole and thats out entertainment for the day .

saltfisher

Well, my Stars & Stripes puffer now lets me pet it. It stays right there and lets me pet it. I think it's cool.

tarhull87

My percula clown has learned what my flake food container looks like, so when I get it out, he swims to the surface and will follow it around the glass.

moraym

awww, my fish aren't smart:nope:, as a matter of fact, here's one chasing a laser pointer and trying to eat it because he thinks it's FOrmula 1.

gasguzzler

My female bamboo shark begs for food when I clean, and when she doesnt get it she spits ALOT of water at me.

gmbnj

All of my fish can see when food is coming. They get very excited and follow me back and forth as I walk away from the tank.
When I open the lid to feed, my triggers will shoot water at me. If I wait too long to feed them with the lid open, they will soak me!
Also, me SFE knows when its feeding, because that is the only time he ever comes out. He will swim will the fish when they are in there feeding modes.

harlequin

Sometimes my Lions show great intelligence and other times dumb as rocks. they will hunt down any shrimp they see and wait until the shrimp's spike is at least partially turned away from them before striking. At the same time I have watched perfectly sized grass shrimp sitting right behind them unnoticed by the lion. they will also follow smaller hermits around, wont bite them or even try but just follow them out of appearent curiousity. They really love the big Nassarius snails on the rare occassions they are on top of the sand.

C

capschamp

Originally posted by perchpsk
mine scored a 50 on the wunderlic test.

Mine only got a 9......but thats because we went to ohio state.

Go BUCKS!:jumping:

dcr

I have a clownfish and and a dwarf angel who beg for food at the surface of the tank when I get next to it...they just circle the surface until I leave. Also, when I have my hand in the tank for cleaning or flipping snails, my clownfish will swim into my cupped hand and rub on me like I am an anenome. Not sure if this would be called "smart", but it is humorous.