how the heck is this possible

when my hubby was a firefighter and the hybrid cars first came out they were instructed that if a hybrid crashes and if its on fire, to let it burn and back way up and make sure everyone is a safe distance away. they couldnt put the chemical on it they needed because of the battery.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2640030
Yeah true. Oh well it's nice to think.
Here is the thing, you might buy into the conspiracy government in the back pockets of the oil industry.
One of the things you'll learn in game theory is that it is hard to get people to collude even if it is in their best interest.
Say you have one oil company sitting on this technology. And all the other majors don't have it. They now have a superior unique product that they could sell and differentiate themselves from the others. To top it off they don't know if anyone else has the product, if they aren't the first on the market they stand to possibly loose money because they weren't prepared to roll out the product. And will still continue to produce oil. Face it I'm not selling my gas car anytime soon.
If you have 4 major oil companies sitting there saying ok well we aren't going to release this product. If one of them releases the other three are screwed while the one who released it banks.
Say you are Ford and are sitting on the product, you stand to loose very little if you come out with a new technology and retooling your plants would be cheap. While if you wait you may be screwed because Chevy could claim they were first. There really is no reason for them not to release it.
That isn't considering the other topic considered, where is that DC voltage going to come from. Is more "pollution" going to be produced because of the added electricity than is produced refining and burning gas? Cost benefit analysis is soo needed when dealing with these so called "green" initiatives. Because alot of them are just assinine.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by armywife1314
http:///forum/post/2640108
when my hubby was a firefighter and the hybrid cars first came out they were instructed that if a hybrid crashes and if its on fire, to let it burn and back way up and make sure everyone is a safe distance away. they couldnt put the chemical on it they needed because of the battery.
Can you imagine the chemical burns if those batteries ruptured. No thank you.

not too mention because of the wiring they couldnt use the jaws of life. ill stick with my suv jaws of life and firefighter friendly.

turningtim

Didn't he say 100 miles with 4oz of water?
I saw a similar deal done with salt water. But I think the flame was hot!

sharkbait9

Originally Posted by armywife1314
http:///forum/post/2640108
I remember going thru those class's and learning about the cell pack. Now the cars are safer for us to rescue people from.
I never put any stock into the water idea anyway but it just got me thinking.
I could only imagine how unsafe they would be. Oil comps and what not is not even a thought, but why are we not looking into this, what is stopping research from going into. Thats what go me going now.

thank goodness they're safer now. that was years ago when my hubby was a firefighter. i still dont fully trust them though. and i agree that just more research should be done to try to reduce our dependence SAFELY from fossil fuels.

aquaknight

Love the hook, "it generates 5 times the power that goes in." Alright, then later they say "Never buy power again!"

stdreb27

Originally Posted by sharkbait9
http:///forum/post/2640191
I remember going thru those class's and learning about the cell pack. Now the cars are safer for us to rescue people from.
I never put any stock into the water idea anyway but it just got me thinking.
I could only imagine how unsafe they would be. Oil comps and what not is not even a thought, but why are we not looking into this, what is stopping research from going into. Thats what go me going now.
There is research going on right now. From a corporate standpoint, research like that is probably very guarded and secret, to avoid corporate spying. Schools are researching too. But they are open about it because their funding is more donation based.