How to add garlic when feeding

kroch3rd

my clown is not eating flake food so i want to dip the flake in water and garlic so it will eat it. my question is do you use the garlic juice form the clove or the actual white part of the garlic. and also is it bad if you but a peice of white garlic with the food and the garlic was in the tank?
any advice will help

miamishrip

im probably wrong but i thought you had to use the stuff called "garlicguard' its like a garlic supplemet you can dip the food in.... maybe you can use the actual clove though... :thinking:

kroch3rd

im pretty sure you can use the actual clove. i was reading on hear earlier and someone said using the real thing is much better

chuckcac

you can quarter a garlic clove and soak it with your food & water overnight (in the fridge) then remove the garlic pieces before giving the food to the fish.

or
buy garlic extract from the grocery store and add a couple of drops to the food & allow it to soak in...

or
get a product like 'garic extreme' and soak the food...

i've read that garlic is not something that should be used on a daily basis byut rather, something to supplement diet 3-4 times a month.... or... when adding new arrivals to the tank

buffett

i used some liguid stuff i got from the grocery store, and i will again when i get my tank up and going again,worked great for me and my lfs recomended it too back when it was just coming out.

peckhead

when using the garlic guard and after letting it soak do u dump that cup with the tank water and the garlic into the tank??

michaeltx

when using the garlic guard and after letting it soak do u dump that cup with the tank water and the garlic into the tank??
NO you dont want to add the garlic or the juice to the tank just the foods that are being soaked in it.
Mike

mochabob

I use galic guard when I feed, I put a capful with the frozen food and after it it sit a few min. I dump it all in. been doing that way for about a year.