How to build a Refugium, Please Help

zues3026

I want to set up a refugium to attach to my 180. I have a 10 gallon tank and could set it nicely next to my 180. I just need to know how I could plumb it or whatever I have to do. Can anyone give me any advice. Thanks

badboyj

Originally Posted by Zues3026
I want to set up a refugium to attach to my 180. I have a 10 gallon tank and could set it nicely next to my 180. I just need to know how I could plumb it or whatever I have to do. Can anyone give me any advice. Thanks
1st thing....don't use a 10 gal tank for a fuge on a 180 gal. , I have a 75 gal. fuge on my 215 gal. tank !!

oberski1234

well ive got a 150 gallon tank and have a 80 gallon fuge tank in it with a 10 gallon tank u would be just wasting ur money i would like to see if u can find some place that u could put at least a 80g one in there but thats just what i would think would be best for u

turningtim

JMHO, You want at least 30% tank volume to have the effect on the tank that you're after. So you're looking at a 55 minimum. Maybe a 40, but anything smaller just won't handle the load of a 180.....
JMHO
Tim

rldavisou

I agree with everyone else. It would be better to spend your money on a stand that will accommodate a larger fuge and then save up for the fuge. It will be better in the long run.
The 10 gallon would make a good nano tank. You could still plumb it to the big system to avoid the drastic swings in water quality that nanos are infamous for.