How to catch a Fame Angel

detane

Any ideas? I tried the net and he knows to stay away. I dont want to take down the entire tank just to catch him but he keeps nipping at my other fish and coral. DAYUM!!!

sbaumann14

ok, the easy way to do this is go to wally world and get some bridal veil. lay it across your rocks from the bottom to the top. leave an opening at one end. throw some food in the tank, and when he comes out to eat, close off the one end. now you have him in the front of the tank and can get him out a lot more easy

detane

Originally Posted by sbaumann14
http:///forum/post/3044527
ok, the easy way to do this is go to wally world and get some bridal veil. lay it across your rocks from the bottom to the top. leave an opening at one end. throw some food in the tank, and when he comes out to eat, close off the one end. now you have him in the front of the tank and can get him out a lot more easy

thats the best idea I have heard so far,, Thanks man.. im going to try that..

I caught 4 fish in under 20 mins when I realized they were not gonna be suitabe for our reef.....you need to get a barbless chronimid fish hook as small as possible and put a tiny piece of shrimp on it...tie on some tipit and when he swallows the hook remember to set it. Sounds cruel but it works really good and I have had no ill effects on the caught fish.....Happy fishing!

spunky

i had to get a domino damsel out of my tank last week and i tried everything to get him out without ripping the tank apart so i went back to my fishing experiece and went to walmart and got the smallest sibiki rig i could get cut the bottom hook off and some of the line which gave me about a 6" line with hook. took the barb off the hook and put a nice piece of squid on there and in seconds bam fish on had him out in seconds its not going to hurt him. total cost of rig is like $2

ophiura

This is a cool idea:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/358007/to-catch-a-pseudochromis
The fishing hook approach also can work well. You can also try always putting a net in the tank when you feed. eventually they will get used to it, but you still have to be very very good to catch them.
There are some fish traps that are easy to make as well (like above). Most will require some amount of "getting used to it" so that the fish is not suspicious. Food is then put in there as bait and the fish can not escape. However, it obviously has a big risk of catching any of your fish.