HOW TO CATCH A MEAN MAROON IN A REEF TANK?????????????????????

lluv24

ok i have a mean maroon clown that is killing my fish. i cant catch him do to all the live rock and corals. should i just take all the rock out and then start over with a new design? there is about 150 or so pounds of live rock. what should i do?

novahobbies

I agree with Saxman.
I have one too and she's a real PIA. If I wasn't selling off the livestock in this tank I'd consider an M-80 in the tank to see how she handled THAT.

steelhead

Not to far off with the rod and reel, I had the same problem went to a store that sold fly fishing stuff got the smallest hook and line he had ( wait till you try to tie it hope you have good eyes ) put a freeze dried krill on the hook and had him out in no time.

S

smallreef

Instead of the hook and line I used the piece of krill in one of my large nets and just held it almost at the top of the waterline right above my maroon clowns anemone so i could make sure it was them (a mated pair of EVILS) that I would get in the net.. the female being a bully made the male go in first and then i had to wait for her to get in too and then straight up I went, lol...

teresaq

I used a piece of plexi glass the width and height of the tank. Drill a few hole for water to flow thru. Take just a few pieces of rock from one end, put the glass in leaving an opening at the bottom. wait until they go in and then push down. This way you can net them easily
T