how to catch ,remove or kill damsels

bullitr

i bought anthias but my pair clarkii and damn damsel won't leave them alone the clarkii are spoken for . i can probably catch the pair on their anemones tonight when the light is off at midnight. but the damn damsel will probably have to torn the reef apart b4 i catch it . any ideas will be appreciate thank you

mudplayerx

Unfortunately you are probably going to have to tear down the rockwork to net them out. That is what I had to do.
You can try using a red light at night and netting them while they "sleep." I tried this method but they always slept in inaccessable areas of the tank.

i'll be happy to eat them, hahahaha

i'll also be happy to eat those damsels,lol

where are they, i'll eat them, where where where,lol.

it would probably be easier to put those fish in there to eat them as you will half to take all LR out to get them, and also it would be easier to catch the predators ,lol.

mudplayerx

Originally Posted by bullitr
can i shoot it? with modified blow

[hr]
or something?
Sorry, but we can't help you get rid of fish by destroying them.

buckster71

Had to nuke my LR to get them out...
I agree with Fedel....natural selection....
BUAH HAHAHA! BUAH HAHAHA! BUAH HAHAHAH!
All I want is a *(@#$ SHARK WITH A LASER BEAM ATTACHED TO IT'S HEAD

1journeyman

Chalk this up to just one more reason not to cycle with Damsels... unfortunately, aggressive, territorial behavior among the Damsel family is well known.
Try not feeding for a day or two, then add some food into your net... eventually the damsels will swim into the net to get at the food.

I removed my LR about three times because I kept changing my mind on stocklist. Good luck catching those little darts without removing the rocks.

Our lfs told us to cycle with Damsles too. They were total buttheads...We had to wait until we broke that tank down to upsize to a new tank. So the only thing left was the water, sand and three Damsles. After having them for a year I was so happy to get rid of them. I bagged them up and walked into the lfs where I bought them, handed them to the clerk and said "here" I smiled at her and walked out! Now our new tank is living in Harmony!

emm0909

I just pulled two lunar wrasses out with a 2 liter pop bottle. Cut the end off and turned it around like a minnow trap. Let it sit in there for several days to get them used to it. Then put a little food in there and see if you can get him to go in. Traps really do work great if you have a little patience.

boysx3

Is it ALL damsels that are problems. My lfs had me start with green chromis. I still have 3. Are they going to be problem later?

ccampbell57

Chromis are great fish! they are schooling fish that get along with anyone.
Keep them. The blue Devil, 3-4 stripe, jeweled, are the bad ones.

buckster71

Actually,
We had put 6 damsels in our first ever tank...as we also read to cycle with them...we had to NUKE the tank to get them out.
The only one left was the yellow tail. He is the only one that really gets picked on in the tank. But a three strip was nasty.
Another good method is to let my wife move your live rock...she had a knack for taking one out...(accident), but when I need an edge in a discussion...