How to clean bottom of OCTO protein skimmer

scrapman

My skimmer is a "classic 150-INT".
The clear plastic bottom part is all sealed.... (not clear anymore)..... impossible to clean. I'm afraid the crud is going to stop the mixture air/water?
Any tips?
Thanks

Attachments

lmforbis

I have the same skimmer. Been using it at least 7 years. I don’t ever clean it other than the cup and have seen no issues with its function. I also use the reef octo waste collection container and it fills at a fairly consistent rate.

Attachments

scrapman

I have the same skimmer. Been using it at least 7 years. I don’t ever clean it other than the cup and have seen no issues with its function. I also use the reef octo waste collection container and it fills at a fairly consistent rate.

Thanks..... me too 7 years (?).... excellent skimmer..... clean collection cup at least one/week. I noticed a reduction of the air flow independent of the valve red knob position..... that why I dismantled it and cleaned it..... but no way to clean the bottom (see my pic).... that why I asked the question.

Can you show a pic of the bottom of your skimmer?

Thanks

lmforbis

Here is the best one I could get. It isn’t easy to see it around my return drains. Sorry it is on its side I can’t seem to flip it. There is a layer of sediment on the
1038C71F-9C0D-4059-AEB9-B94F236857D6.jpeg