How to cure?

molly05

Well, it has been about a month for my last post "What should I do?". All my fish still don't show any spot. However, my sailfin tang still keeps flashing on the sand and twisting more often now. He opens his gill for few seconds and then flashing his gill to the sand. I thought ich might attach inside his gill, so I decided to hypo all of my fish. I started to low the salinity to 12ppt two weeks ago but no improvement at all. I don’t know what to do now and I don’t want to see him to suffer with this any more. Please help.
Thanks.

nycbob

when i 1st got my salfin 5 months ago, i made the mistake of not qt him. i went the natural route to cure my fish, and now all my fish r ick free for 2 months. my method is get cleaner shrimps and run uv. i did that for 4-6 weeks. i can honestly say my tank is now ick-free. i feel hypo can cause a lot of stess on the fish. also, its not always easy to catch all of ur fish if u hv lots of live rocks.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by molly05
Well, it has been about a month for my last post "What should I do?". All my fish still don't show any spot. However, my sailfin tang still keeps flashing on the sand and twisting more often now. He opens his gill for few seconds and then flashing his gill to the sand. I thought ich might attach inside his gill, so I decided to hypo all of my fish. I started to low the salinity to 12ppt two weeks ago but no improvement at all. I don’t know what to do now and I don’t want to see him to suffer with this any more. Please help.
Thanks.
You need to follow the directions for Hypo exactly...
Are you using a refractometer?

molly05

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
You need to follow the directions for Hypo exactly...
Are you using a refractometer?
Yes, I am using a refractometer. Anyone?