how to dose dt's

DT's is short for "delerium tremors" if you're an alcoholic in withdrawals OR if you're into fish DT's is short for "DT's Live Marine Phytoplankton" which is a natural food source for many of the things we keep in our reef systems. You can find it at your LFS (local fish store) if they have a large SWF department or online at some places. It has to stay refrigerated though, so use caution if you buy it online.
I dose every other day with it, adding it directly into the tanks with filter feeders. I also turn off the filters for an hour or so to give it a good chance to circulate.

Dt's is mostly for your filter feeders. I still spray brine shrimp (using the good old turkey baster) over many of my polyps and other corals and inverts that would appreciate the snack. You have to feed whatever else is in your tank with the appropriate food choice for that item (like silversides, krill, mysis, squid and so forth).

I hope this doesnt sound like a goofy question, but an you see the phytoplankton when you place in tank? I know these guys are small, but I have never seen it go into a tank before and have always wondered if the critters were big enough to see.
Also, when is a good time to dose? Night when lights are off or does it matter?

broomer5

I dose it with the skimmer and main return pump off in the evening.
You can see a green cloud as you pour it in the tank - but it soon dissipates and the water clears back up near where you poured the stuff.
I feed it to the tank every third or fourth day - half dosage as recommended.