How to find a great Tattoo artist

tangman99

After 25 years, I've finally designed the tattoo I want to get. It will be my first and on my shoulder. I expect to pay a lot of money due to the detail and colors but my major concern is trying the find the absolute best tattoo artist in my area. I don't mind traveling if I have too, but I'd like to start in local area. How do find the best in your area? I know a lot of you have tattoos on here so maybe you can help me out.

jeffreyjr

I travel for my ink. Check the web and look up Starlighttattoo.com, it's in NJ.
Artist name in Mario Barth. You will have a 6 month or more wait just for the actual appointment. WELL WORTH THE WAIT.
Well worth every penny spent goin, staying and being tattooed.
This guys looks pretty good ....Check the web for Steviemoon.com...
Also check out Chris Garver at Miami Ink....

tangman99

Originally Posted by jeffreyjr
I travel for my ink. Check the web and look up Starlighttattoo.com, it's in NJ.
Artist name in Mario Barth. You will have a 6 month or more wait just for the actual appointment. WELL WORTH THE WAIT.
Well worth every penny spent goin, staying and being tattooed.
This guys looks pretty good ....Check the web for Steviemoon.com...
Also check out Chris Garver at Miami Ink....
I was looking at Garver at Miami Ink and he has the reputation of being one of the best in the World. He does a lot of tattoos for the Hollywood stars and has a long waiting list also.
I'll check out the others you mentioned also. Thank You.

nyyankeees

Ken Knight is a good artist here in St. Marys. He has over 20 yrs experience and is a great guy! I've been tattoed by him, as well as a bunch of my family and friends. My cousin got a Jack Rudy, grey and white design, tattoed on him by Ken and seriously it one of the best I've ever seen but he is also excellent with colors and custom designs. If you're interested here's the shop info, Good luck with your search. :
Ken's Tattoo Shop
915 Osborne St.
St. Mary's, GA
882-8007

tangman99

Originally Posted by pwnag3!!
lets see the tat you drew up
I can't draw for beans. What I meant is I have been looking for a dragon to put on the back of my shoulder and finally found one that I like. It is someone elses so I am going to have an artist use the same dragon but customize it so it is a completely different tattoo with a lot more color. Here is the picture of the dragon tattoo though that I am going to use.

magickyl

Originally Posted by TangMan99
After 25 years, I've finally designed the tattoo I want to get. It will be my first and on my shoulder. I expect to pay a lot of money due to the detail and colors but my major concern is trying the find the absolute best tattoo artist in my area. I don't mind traveling if I have too, but I'd like to start in local area. How do find the best in your area? I know a lot of you have tattoos on here so maybe you can help me out.
If you are in South Florida go to Funhouse Tattoo and ask for Rob Ruli. He's a hawaiian guy that does amazing work. He is an amazing artist also so he has great custom stuff. There is also Rockabilly Tattoo in Lauderhill that is great. If you go there ask for Dave Poole or Mike McCarthy. They are the best in that shop. Ask to see their work. They all have portfolios. You'll be amazed at some of the stuff that they have done and the famous people that they have worked on. I hope that this helps you.

tangman99

Wow! Ask and you shall receive. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have some research to do. I've also found some local artists that come very highly recommended that I will checking out.