How to frag a Colt Coral

saltfin

So if I wanted to Frag this Colt - How exactly would I do this?
I guess an exacto knife then what , Under water, where to cut then glue or rubberband to a lr - where to cut it??
Is there a post I should read??:notsure:

R

royalshrimp

read my post in reef forum... it should be on the first page:)
but if i were you id cut youre colt here

R

royalshrimp

sorry... but dont listen to what i just said:rolleyes: dont frag it just yet...

R

royalshrimp

Originally posted by jlem
You may want to wait until it grows more and has more stocks.

exactly:yes:

saltfin

I saw yur post shrimp and the plastic toothpicks into the colt but is the colt glues to a rock?? Can't tell. Maybe a little word description and How do you know when it is time to frag?
Thanks

R

royalshrimp

when the colt has lots of branches, you find one thats the width of say, a quarter. dont cut a single branch, but one with branches on the branch. then take it out of the tank and put it in a bowl of water, then get a small rock and 2 plastic toothpicks and stick it in the base of the coral and into a whole on the rock. the toothpicks will holt it in place until the colt attatches to the rock, then remove the tothpicks from the coral and let it heal ( it should take 2 or 3 weeks till it attatches). Superglue doesnt work on colts and mushrooms etc. , cause they are to slimy.
HTH
NOTE: cut the branch of swiftly, and dont saw it... i did it swiftly and the coral didnt bleed at all :)

saltfin

thanks I try it later as you said. I guess after the cutting you put the coral back into the main tank? or are you heating the bowl of water as it stays there for the 3 wks? See how new I am at this..