? How to frag zoos

hammerhed7

I just bought a rock that has about 5-6 frilly mushrooms, and noticed a zoo on the rock after I placed it in the tank, on the underside of the rock there are about 20 zoo polyps. How do I remove these, as they will not survive on the bottom of the rock, and how do you attach them to a new rock? any help would be appreciated. I would like to save them as they are very cool, blue and orange.
Thanks,
Jim

rcoultas

When they are small and attached to rock it can be a painstaking process. You'll need to carefully cut them away from the rock taking care not to cut the soft tissue of the zoas but instead try to scrape off the surface of the rock below them. Once that is done you dry the spot on the rock where you want to attch them then pat the bottom of the zoa dry. Put a drop of krazy glue gel and stick them on the rock. Be careful not to get glue on the top half of the zoa or in between them. They are pretty hardy so you don't have to be extremely tender with them.

hammerhed7

would a razor blade be the easiest method to scrape them off? Now the more I look at it they are on the back of the rock where it comes to a point, I may just try to knock that corner off with a chisel, and avoid having to remove them from the rock.