HOW TO keep small fish out of overflow

quads4_lif

On another thread several people had a problem with their Yellow Watchman Gobie going through the cracks in the overflow. Well I bought mine yesterday and low and behold I come home and he is sitting in my overflow. So I built this little thing for my over flow so that hopefully I wont have this problem any more.
Here is the problem

All you need is some gutter guard that you can buy at your local Lowes or Home Depot.; a pair of sissors; some 4" zipties; a tape measure and about 30 min.
On the first one I didI took the gutter guard and for my over flow I cut it 14 1/2" then I cut it in half down the middle. I also knotched it out for the return line.

On the other side I decided to just fold it over and It worked just fine.
Then I took the gutter guard and made it in a criss cross pattern with the two seperat pieces (or folded)

Then I just zip tied it to the slots in the overflow and your done. hopefully no more fishing for gobies or shrimp wich I also found in my sump.

Hope this helps somebody
OH!!!!! Heres your instructions for the stupid person in us all. TURN OFF YOUR METAL HALID LIGHTS before attempting this project. I burned the living
out of my hand not once but twice. It was so bad that I heard the sizzle of my flesh on the bulb.

quads4_lif

So far so good I came home from work today and both the shrimp and my YWG are both where they belong in the DT