How to make a medicated food with metro-pro (for hexamita)... Doseage & number of treatments pls!

kilofey

I bought a sailfin tang a week ago and after close inspection, he appears to be showing the beginning signs of hole in the head. He is still in quarrantine right now, so my other fish are safe. I need to know how to treat him orally using medicated foods, like how much to disolve in how much water and how many times I should medicate him orally, and how long he should be in quarrantine after treatment.
His name is Brooks. We got the name because he looks like hes in a prison uniform, so we named him brooks from the movie shawshank redemption.... I really hope I didnt seal his fate by naming him after a character that committed suicide! :cry:
Thanks, hopefully someone will be able to help.

kilofey

Well from what I know the first thing to do is reduce stress and and make sure water quality is good. So..... Since thats done id like to treat it now in the early stages rather than wait till half his face has rotted off.

kilofey

Thank you for the article. I did read it and will takr it into consideration... Ive heard that it is contageous and that its not... So im a little leery to put him in my dt until atleast giving him the meds :-/ but I will definately take a closer look at his environment and make sure everything checks out. I know he didnt devlop it in my tank because I noticed it the day after I got him but id like to make sure he can recover with good tank conditions and such.
Thanks again beth