How to move anemone

dbmtrman

I have two small anemones that are attached to some tonga branch live rock. They were actually one, but split into two. They are located close to each other and I want to take one of them and place it in a different dt. How do I take it off the lr, without damaging it? I have tried a couple times to lightly pull it off, but its tentacles pull in, and it won't detach. I didn't want to pull it to hard, and risk harming it. Any suggestions?

scarface

You can rub its "foot" with your finger and eventually they will let go. I also heard of putting ice cubes on the foot as well. Good luck to ya HTH

ninjamini

Originally Posted by dbmtrman
... I didn't want to pull it to hard, and risk harming it. Any suggestions?
Thats a good thought. Take a powerhead and point it right at him. He will become unhappy and move....then pounce.

curlsoc

I need to move one also, will it bother him if I wear gloves while doing this? Maybe I should have the husband do it, it's one of the few sea creatures he hasn't been irritated by yet. Stepped on a stingray, put his hand into a sea urchin and had jelly tentacles across his foot.

cjason3041

i would let him do it.....i mean gloves should be ok....but i do it bare handed....and i can feel if the critter is gonna tear.