how to perform a fw dip?

ric maniac

I need to perform a fw dip on all of my zoanthids
. Don't ask why lol, I just want this to be over. So how do I do it?
Thanks,
.:Dirk:.

reefkprz

get RO water. buffer it to match your tanks PH, match your tanks temperature. then immerse the coral for 1 minute. (some people go longer I never go more than one minute and honestly I only use FW dips againts flatworms. so I cant say how effective they are against anything else)
DISCLAIMER: I am not advocating freshwater dips for corals, I am just advising the safest manner I know of doing an unsafe procedure, in fact I advise against freshwater dips.
second note: never freswater dip fish for treatment of ich, the ick is under the slime coat of the fish all it does is stress your fish and leave the ich unharmed. (I know your not asking about fish but I thought I would add that)

scopus tang

As long as we're on the subject of dips, how about directions for an iodine dip, which might be a better choice for ric maniac. I know that there are directions on most boxes sold for iodine dips at LFS, but I'm wondering if someone could share the directions (i.e. how many dips of iodine etc., maybe he could pick up the iodine somewhere else and use that ~ drugstores used to carry it, don't know if they still do
)

reefkprz

I dont do Iodine dips, not because I am opposed to them i have just never done it or had cause to do it. So I cant help out here. sorry.

keri

I've used the tropic marin "coral cure" iodine dip without harming anything....tho I chickened out on dipping the ric rock and ended up with a stupid ric-eating crab!
No coral casualties from the tropic marin iodine tho.