How to place new muchroom

angelgirl

I just bought a new single mushroom, always in the past I have bought a rock with mushrooms on it. This guy came with nothing just its foot?? I positioned it where I thought he would be happy low light low flow etc, braced him with a rock, and presto he has decided to move, am I suppose to glue him down or is he just going to move around until he finds a home that he likes? :thinking:
thanks
Angelgirl

hkgar

I wouldn't glue him down. He'll find a place he likes and hopefully a place where you like him also.
They will leave a rock if not happy and travel to where they are happier.

steve24

if you have a small piece of LR you can wrap the shroom to it using like a mesh netting. i use mesh netting from like a bag of apples or oranges comes in. 2-3 days later the shroom is attatched to the rock ...
steve

salty cheese

Originally Posted by steve24
if you have a small piece of LR you can wrap the shroom to it using like a mesh netting. i use mesh netting from like a bag of apples or oranges comes in. 2-3 days later the shroom is attatched to the rock ...
steve

You can speed the process up by using super glue, just remember to immerse the shrooms as soon as you glue them because super glue heats up as it cures and that can damage the tissue. :happyfish

steve24

Originally Posted by Salty Cheese

You can speed the process up by using super glue, just remember to immerse the shrooms as soon as you glue them because super glue heats up as it cures and that can damage the tissue. :happyfish

i thought shrooms were too slimy to glue ???

cjeffrey77

I've never had any luck with gluing them either they always come right back off. I 've been having better luck with the mesh method.