I am back to square one! Less light, less feeding, OR water for months now, and thought the slime was on the way out, it is worse!
With new lights I thought that would also help, but trying to enjoy my beautiful tank and as I am looking it seems to develop red slime right in front of me. I am at my wits end. Nitrates are up there again also. Nitrites are 0. I really don't know where to go from here. Afraid of chem's. . No one has given me their opinion on bacteria that eats away at the slime, a powder that you put directly into tank. It is not supposed to kill good bacteria. Has any one ever used it? I have tried everything advised on these forums and today there is more slime than ever. It seemed to be disipating three to four days after lessening foodstuffs. I think I am going to trade off all my corals that must be hand fed. That is a lot of the excess nutrient, I am sure! I do a 35 gal. water change every month with a 90. gal. tank and 30 underneath.